Swimmers Code of Conduct
This is the full code. It has been designed to ensure that swimmers are aware of the standards required by them when they are:
- Training with Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps)
- Using facilities, equipment and leisure centres hired by Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps)
- Representing Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps) at any form of Competition or event
- Travelling with Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps) to and from competition
- Engaged in any other activity organised by Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps)
- Reasonable behaviour is expected at all times. That is – behaviour that will not cause offence or embarrassment to any member of the general public, other swimmers, parents, team managers and coaches of Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps), or any visiting, home or other swimming clubs.
- Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps) swimmers are expected to show respect for parents, team managers and coaches and to the facilities as a club, Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps) use and visit.
- Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps) swimmers are expected to demonstrate a good attitude, set a good example and put effort in to their training and competition. This includes carrying out the training exactly as detailed in the session plan.
- All swimmers are expected to remain on poolside until a gala (home or away) has finished to show respect to the other teams.
- Bullying, whether physical, verbal or emotional, will not be tolerated by the Club.
- All swimmers are expected to follow instructions given by any coach, team manager, or any designated official or club official and to comply with these instructions immediately, without argument or back chat.
- All swimmers representing Wigan Swimming Club (Wasps) at team galas will swim a minimum of 200m (8 lengths) Frontcrawl before warming up on another stroke. Warm up is run and supervised by the Coaches.
- Any form of unreasonable behaviour, not only lets the Club down but yourself and your parents.